In honor of the holiday weekend (and because I cannot yet share my Really Big Project), I couldn’t resist sharing a very small piece constructed in honor of the ultimate summer drink, the gin and tonic ;).
This is actually a fun example of using up some of the strange things that accumulate in my art supply drawers:
- Emphera saved- the packaging from our favorite tonic water and fun, stitched on
- Odd bit of iridescent clear plastic = ice cube
- Scraps of heavy fusible + scraps of silk = slices of lemon and lime
- Length of polyester cording from my favorite trimmings store, Daytona (in the garment district) = zigzag stitched on as a binding
- Scrap of denim from a favorite OLD pair of jeans = background
Small projects like this one are an incredibly fun way to celebrate big or small moments in your life…what’s hiding in your “I’ll use this someday” drawer?
Have a wonderful holiday and make memories :)! ☀️